Kerwan, Patched OOBs and the Hall of Heroes

I haven't had as much luck with Kerwan as I would like. There are some beautiful pre-patch videos of Out of Bounds explorations on YouTube - and I've embedded a couple of good videos below. The only out of bounds exploit I was able to manage was the Hall of Heroes landing and that was only with the helipack. Others have been able to do it with the Thrusterpack, but I don't have the skill or my controller is too beat to crap. You will, as with the other exploits, need to set the Game Speed setting (in the Extras -->Cheats menu) to fast to make this work.  I've included screenshots below, as well as my video (which unfortunately starts after I land - completely missing the "how I got there" bit. But there are several other videos that demonstrate how to do it. I've embedded that video as well.

*Note on videos from other YouTube sources - please visit and subscribe to channels of these gamers - they have so many great "glitch" and OOB videos that I can't link them all here.

Screenshots:

Unfortunately, you can only walk down about halfway on the red carpet before you hit an invisible barrier.

I'm happy they haven't patched this but I do wonder why Insomniac Games blocked it in the first place. It's a great space to do something with.


Here's my video:





Here's another video with the how-to in the beginning that I finally captured - plus a little more exploring:





Below is a video of a glitch that was unfortunately patched, but it's got some beautiful footage of Kerwan.



And this video is gorgeous - a more thorough exploration of Kerwan with the air swimming glitch:


And finally, here's how to get into The Hall of Heroes:




Oh, and if you're looking for an Easter egg, take a look toward the train rails below you when you're completing Qwark's Basic Training Course. There is a Ratchet Decoy Glove dummy suspended in the air below you. It's very tiny and it will take some hunting, but here's a shot of it. It's as close as I could get with the Plasma Striker Scope (HUD turned off.)

Comments

Popular Posts